Being in Relationship
Relationship is the Spirit’s temple. It is where transformation happens. Our Divine Nature reveals itself in relationship: it is where we find our Selves, it is where we find Love and Light, it is where we experience Oneness, and so it is where we find God.
If you would like to listen to the talk I gave at the Unity church in Fort Collins on “Being in Relationship” click here (25 min; note: I was emotionally chocked up by the song just prior to my talk – it took me about 30 seconds to start talking).
- Relationship is a Holy “thing” – a third something that lives between us; relationship is all we have and relationship is all we are.
- Appreciate and accept the gifts that Relationship bears: inspiration, enthusiasm, wisdom, transformation, knowing our Selves.
- Love Relationship in order to have Loving Relationships – why do that?, how do we do that?
Confrontation as a Spiritual Practice
Some might consider this talk to be too personal. I see it as a willingness to be open and vulnerable – prerequisites for deepening relationship. Most strategic alliances fail mostly due to failure in relationship. If we want to make fundamental change we must be willing to go deep.
In this talk I reflect on challenging lessons learned from the “river of life” as a recovering drug addict and the father of two children with life-shortening disabilities. These experiences taught me the importance of confrontation and they taught me how to lovingly face issues in my relationship with others, myself, God and even in my relationship with ideas.
Interview by Peter Simoons
41 min 30 sec audio interview – covering:
- spirituality in alliances
- doing the impossible
- 2-Slide Methodology – captures the essence
- HP/Microsoft, HP/SAP and HP/US West alliances
- suggested books in spirituality and alliances